Approval does not guarantee selection at the store level.
If approved, your organization will be placed on a list for local store leadership to consider for selection in future months. If chosen, your organization will be notified directly prior to the start of the benefiting months.
The purpose of this program is to support organizations that are important to individuals and families in communities local to stores where the bags are sold. To be considered for the Hy-Vee “My Heart” Reusable Bag Program, organizations must meet all the guidelines listed below. Store leadership has full discretion to determine which organizations will receive the funds.
To qualify for consideration, benefiting organizations must have:
- 501(c)(3) status.
- A direct local connection to a specific Hy-Vee store.
- The commitment to put funds to use within the local Hy-Vee store’s community.
- Clear focus in stated mission to impact hunger relief, education (all aspects), health & wellness, civic or military/veterans organizations.
- Organizations that provide for the physical, emotional, educational and cultural enhancement and well-being of children.
- Passionate desire to connect to the local community.
Requests that will not qualify:
- Events/fundraisers limited to specific individuals or families.
- International organizations.
- Requests to support expenses related to travel or conferences for employees of nonprofit organizations.
- Private clubs, such as Rotary Clubs.
- Any organization that discriminates on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, religion and/or sexual orientation.
- Any organization that does not put 100% of the donations toward supporting the local community.
If you have any questions, please contact us.